Wednesday 8 January 2014

The People's Republic of Toilets

In a desperate attempt to distract me from my imminent driving test, the following sign outside the toilets at the St Albans test centre left me puzzled:

"Please leave the toilets in the State in which you would wish to find them."

This immediately got me thinking. What State would I like to find myself in? France, that's a nice place. Or Fiji. Or Iceland, I'd like to go back there again some day.

But then I realised, these are all places, not States. So perhaps the test centre staff were advocating an alternative to the democratic nation state, like a theocracy, an autocracy, an isocracy, or a kleptocracy. 

(Incidentally, a magocracy is apparently a society ruled by magicians. That'd be quite entertaining...)

With thoughts such as these, I reckon passing the test was an even bigger achievement...

No comments:

Post a Comment