Monday 13 February 2012

The Trouble with Health...

So this morning I was proving just how cool I am, and was listening to the Today programme on my walk to campus, but with poor signal. Before my radio tuned out, I heard someone pose this question about the Health and Social Care Bill, which is currently trawling its way through Parliament amid enormous difficulty.

"Can anyone else recall a piece of government legislation which was so badly thought through, was changed so much to get it through Parliament, proved massively unpopular, and then, looking to the future, caused so much organisational chaos?

Now as I said, I missed the rest of the bulletin. But, unless there's something else which fits the bill, my seminar today was on the Poll Tax of 1381. A parallel with the 1990 Poll Tax, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment