Sunday 19 February 2012

How to Use a Library

Imagine the scene: A University Library, somewhere in the North of England.

Generic Undergrad: Hi there mate, can you help me find a book I'm looking for, I'm really stuck?

Conscientious Assitant: Sure thing, do you have any details for it?

Generic Undergrad: Yes, it's at shelfmark AL35, on the second floor, by (Some philosopher), called (Some philosophical work), translated in 1905, and its not on loan.

Conscientious Assitant: Right... what do you need me for?

Generic Undergrad: Well, I need help looking at the books on the shelves.

(Mind slips into contemplating the fate of humanity, the British education and system and how people who previously got Mummy and Daddy to do everything for them will cope once they arrive in the real world...)

No comments:

Post a Comment