Wednesday 8 April 2015

Growing Expertise

This morning I had a very stange experience. A face I knew was staring back at me from my TV. In the middl of a piece on lonliness in old age, someone in the year above me at university materialised and gave an explanation on this obviously serious issue.

This isn't a first, either. Last year, my thoughts were suddenly penetrated by the voice of someone I was in a seminar with in my final undergraduate year. Strangely, he seemed to have re-entered my mind to talk about the war in Ukraine. It transpired he was on the TV in the next room, speaking in his role as a defence analyst.

I now appear to have arrived at the age where people of my age are being interviewed on BBC News as 'people that are experts in something'. 

I'm now feeling incredibly old...

And wondering when a story on antiquarian perceptions of the prehistoric and early medieval past will need a comment... I'm sure the BBC know where I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment