Tuesday 29 July 2014

Cold Calling, Round II- Getting Out of Debt

This is a Government warning. Did you know that, if you are struggling with debts of £5000 or more, then you can have 70% of it written off for free? That's right, legally written off for free. Press 5 now...

Once I got over the initial terror that budget cuts meant that now warnings of nuclear attacks had to be phoned through to us individually, this automated call gave me a good laugh.

Because, like millions of people my age, I am indeed struggling with debt, and significantly more than the £5000 mentioned. If this is a real government warning, then that's fantastic.

Of course, the money I owe is *to* Her Majesty's Government, in the form of my student loans. But hey, maybe if I'd have pressed five, they really were willing to write 70% of it off...

Wistful thinking much?!

No comments:

Post a Comment