Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Wit and Wisdom of... Del-Boy

Alright, alright, supposing you go for a job, and you go for the interview, eh? What you going to say to the manager? You're going to say, 'Oh yes sir, I've got qualifications and experience, sir yeah. I've got two GCEs, an 18 month suspended sentence and I know a good joint when I puff one.' No, your feet won't touch bruv! No, no, I'm afraid not Rodney, at the ripe old age of 23, you are a social leper. Society has placed you in the darkest corner of its deepest cellar to grow moss and be forgotten about! Still never mind, eh? Viva la France as they sy in Rome. No need to get depressed!

Derrick Trotter to Rodney, First ever episode of Only Fools and Horses, 'Big Brother', 08/09/1981. Some things don't change...

No comments:

Post a Comment