Wednesday 2 October 2013

Dangerous Yoofs

I'm trying not to take David Cameron's conference speech too personally. After all, I am currently committing the crime of Being Young. In the not too distant past, I was committing the double crime of Being Young and Not Having a Proper Job. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm clearly delighted with living with my parents, I'd be in for the triple whammy of Trying to Live Away from Home too.

But what I'm really finding hard to stomach is the idea that people 25 or under are hurting the public finances. Excuse me. Not many 25 year olds can proudly say that they helped their boss knock £4 billion pounds off the UK economy, or get their boss to spend £27 billion in propping up the pound. In a single day.

Oh wait Dave, who was Norman Lamont's special advisor on Black Wedesnday?

Oh yes, it was you.

No comments:

Post a Comment