Monday 9 September 2013

Things What Students Say #1

Today I accompanied a history department trip to the British Library so the new Lower Sixth could visit the 'Propaganda: Power and Persuasion' exhibition (which, if you have a free afternoon in London and £9 to spare, is well worth the trip!). They all seemed to really enjoy it, and even possibly learnt something from it.

*However*... for me, the best bit of the trip was listening to the conversation on the tube on the way down:

"If you think about it, why do we really need clothes?"

"I don't understand matching socks. Do you think it's a corporate conspiracy?"

"No, I do think humour is genetic. But only Jewish humour."

"If there was a fire, you'd never get the mattress out my window, so I'd have to use pillows and aim my jump really well..."

"I mean, after a while it was really obvious he was trying to hit on me..." "That'll make things really awkward when he comes to mark your coursework." (Particularly concerned about that one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment