Monday 10 September 2012

The Wit and Wisdom of... Tony Blair, Mk. II

As I said in 1994, courage is our friend. Caution, our enemy. A governing Party has confidence, self-belief. It sees the tough decision and thinks it should be taking it. Reaches for responsibility first. Serves by leading. The most common phrase uttered to me - and not at rallies or public events but in meetings of chance, quietly, is not "I hate you" or "I like you" but "I would not have your job for all the world". The British people will, sometimes, forgive a wrong decision. They won't forgive not deciding. They know the choices are hard. They know there isn't some fantasy Government where nothing difficult ever happens.

They've got the Lib Dems for that.

Tony Blair, final speech to the Labour Party Conference, September 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment