Thursday 5 January 2012

East Coast Trains Jekyll and Hyde Performance

So for some odd reason, the ticket machine for my journey back to university never printed the 'MANDATORY RESERVATION COUPON' needed to even look at an intercity train, let alone board one. So I phoned East Coast trains. When the day got really interesting...

Round One


Me: Um, hi, I don't appear to have been issued with my seat reservation for the 11:00 to York tomorrow from King's Cross...

Operator 1: Well, I'm sorry sir, but there is absolutely no way you can travel on that service, short of buying a new ticket.

Me: What, a whole new ticket? No way whatsoever? For a journey I paid for in November?!

Operator 1: No, sir, none.

So, smarting at the thought of paying an extra £35 to sit on a train which I paid for in November, I rang back...

Round Two


Me: Hi, I'm not sure if you can help, but I don't appear to have been issued with my seat reservation for the 11:00 to York tomorrow from King's Cross...

Operator 2: Ok, no problem, give us your booking reference and we'll set up a new electronic ticket for you to print at the station later, is that ok?

Now, how hard was that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment