Saturday 27 August 2011

Complaining Customer

I went to the sports centre on Thursday night to play badminton and short tennis with Network, and apparently managed to enrage the woman on the next court. her complaining was priceless:

Woman- "Excuse me, but I'm going to have to ask you to stop playing short tennis on that court, you're disrupting us and it frankly isn't safe."

Me- "Oh I'm really sorry, we'll be more careful with our serves in future, would it help if we swapped sides?"

Woman- "No, I'd prefer it if you stopped completely. That ball you're using is unsafe."

Me- "Well, it is safe really, it is a soft ball..."

Woman- "Look, if you're going to be like that, I shall have to complain to the centre manager."

Me- "I've actually already spoken to him, he told us it was OK to use it."

Woman- "Oh dear, well that is disappointing... I think that's a bad reflection on the staff, don't you?"

Me (in a moment of brilliance)- "I AM a member of staff at this centre."

Woman- "Well... I... Can you just stop playing?"

I finally agreed to do so, but when I went back to play badminton instead, it turned out the whole thing was so her children could play on my court for free... That didn't go down well...

No comments:

Post a Comment